[Parker] has been to many summer camps but I think it is fair to say that this is his favourite one yet. It seems to be a perfect blend of mental, physical and creative activity and he comes home every day so excited to tell us about his activities that day and his chess matches. Thank you again for putting together such a great camp.
Summer Chess Camp
Children who have attended our Summer Chess Camp count the days until next year’s camp! Our summer camp runs for five weeks in July, providing participants with a wonderful opportunity to continue with chess even when school is not in session. The camp is often the highlight of the year for children, offering a unique experience that incorporates intensive chess lessons, engaging sports activities, special arts projects, along with unique programming, events and guests, making it a rich summer chess experience for everyone!
What do we do at Camp?
Daily camp activities for each age group are organized around daily and weekly themes. As an example, here’s what a schedule for the Jr. Masters (grade 4-8) group on “Magic Day” might look like this:
- 9:00-9:15 – Arrival and welcome, supervised play in activity corners
- 9:15-9:25 – Morning meeting
- 9:25-10:25 – Chess activity 1 – ‘The Magician from Riga’: Tactics and Sacrifices in the games of Mikhail Tal + Tournament games
- 10:25-10:45 – Morning snack break
- 10:45-11:45 – Chess activity 2 – ‘Magic on Board’: How to survive lost positions + ‘Be the Magician’ problem solving contest
- 11:45-12:30 – Lunch / Work on art project
- 12:30-1:00 – Ultimate Frisbee / Dodgeball (Field)
- 1:00-1:45 – Robin Hood Archery Workshop (Main gym)
- 1:45-2:00 – Snack break and play time
- 2:00-3:00 – Guest Magician – Magic Show + Chess Magic Workshop
- 3:00-3:15 – Room transfer, break and cleanup
- 3:15-3:50 – Chess activity 3 – ‘The Disappearing Pieces’ + Bughouse partners chess tournament
- 3:50-4:00 – End of Day Meeting, Summary and pickup
Camp details and contact information
Our CIC camp organizational team always creates an exciting curriculum which guarantees campers a well-rounded, fun and exciting experience, where chess lessons are enhanced by connections to challenging off-the-board activities.
For any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, or at 647-852-2428.