[Parker] has been to many summer camps but I think it is fair to say that this is his favourite one yet. It seems to be a perfect blend of mental, physical and creative activity and he comes home every day so excited and anxious to tell us about his activities that day and his chess matches. Thank you again for putting together such a great camp.
Chess, Sports and Arts Summer Camp
Children who have attended our Chess, Sports and Arts Summer Camp count the days until next year’s camp! Our summer camp runs only for the first three weeks of summer, provides participants with a wonderful opportunity to continue with chess even when school is not in session. The camp is often the highlight of the year for children, offering a unique experience that incorporates intensive chess lessons, engaging sports activities, special arts projects, along with unique programming, events and guests. At CIC’s Chess, Sports and Arts Summer Camp, there is something for everyone!
What do we do at Camp?
Children are divided into groups based on their chess level and age. Each group has a group leader and second instructor. Participants enjoy a special blend of the best physical, mental, and social activities in each day. Activities are scheduled, and children move from one activity to the next. Some days are theme days that revolve around one subject. On these days even the chess lessons are created in such a way to relate to the daily theme. A typical camp day (this schedule is for an advanced group on “Magic Day”) may look like this:
- 9:00-9:15 – Arrival and welcome, supervised play in activity corners
- 9:15-9:25 – Morning meeting
- 9:25-10:25 – Chess lesson and activity – 1
‘The Magician from Riga’: Tactics and Sacrifices in the games of Alexei Shirov + Tournament games
- 10:25-10:45 – Morning snack break
- 10:45-11:45 – Chess lesson and activity – 2
‘Magic on Board’: How to survive lost positions + ‘Be the Magician’ problem solving contest
- 11:45-12:30 – Lunch / Work on art project
- 12:30-1:00 – Ultimate Frisbee / Dodgeball (Field)
- 1:00-1:45 – Robin Hood Archery Workshop (Main gym)
- 1:45-2:00 – Snack break and play time
- 2:00-3:00 – Magic Mike – A stunning Magic Show + Chess Magic Workshop
- 3:00-3:15 – Room transfer, break and cleanup
- 3:15-3:50 – Chess lesson and Activity – 3
‘The Disappearing Pieces’ + Bughouse partners chess tournament
- 3:50-4:00 – End of Day Meeting, Summary and pickup
Camp details and contact information
Camp Director, Tal Granite, always creates an exciting curriculum which guarantees campers a well-rounded, fun and exciting experience. Before Care (from 8:15 am) and After Care (until 5:15 pm) are available as well.
Ready to register?
For any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, or at 647-852-2428.
See you at Camp!